Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Palace @ The Regent Singapore - 17 May 09


Summer Palace @ The Regent Singapore (夏宫)
1 Cuscaden Road Level 3

Tucked away in the corner of Orchard, we made our first visit to The Regent Hotel for their Dim Sum Brunch (Ala Carte Buffet). We were led to our table and looking around, I reckoned there were less than 20 tables in the room. However, they do cater to big groups and their largest table can take 14 pax. The menu was reasonably sufficient for buffet.


We started our meal with their Shark's fins soup and was surprised to find 4 different kinds to choose from. We chose one with crab meat. The "meat" was not the usual crab roll kind, but real peeled crab meat. As with most buffet places, each person gets to savour only once.



Next came our dim sum orders, my all time faves - Char Siew Sou & Egg tarts! The egg tarts were actually mini ones, enough to put the entire tart into my mouth. It was vvvvv good!! The puff of the Char Siew Sou was buttery, flaky and rich without being heavy. I ate 3!! Besides Dim Sum, we had other signature dishes such as their Suckling Pig with jellyfish, cod fish, fresh prawns and frog legs!!





Free flow of fruit juices - Orange/ Mango/ Guava! We had rounds and rounds of these,
who bothers about Chinese tea when you can get freshly squeezed!!


Cheers to Summer Palace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.