Sunday, August 16, 2009

Silent Expression


Courtesy of Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography award winner Kevin Carter (1994)

A poverty-stricken Sudanese toddler struggling to make her way towards a United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away. A vulture landed itself close to the little girl, hoping to witness her last breath and to rip the little flesh left out of her. The ultimate fate of the girl was unknown. Unable to contain the vivid memories of killings and of starving or wounded children, Kevin committed suicide shortly after winning the award.

I see greed that we are shamelessly after.
I see pain that we wish we do not need to endure.
I see how we are left to fend for ourselves in this world.
If you think you are the only person battling the worst days of your life, know that you are never alone.
Lonely, but not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.