Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Queen and Mangosteen @Vivocity

The Queen and Mangosteen
#01-106/107 Vivocity 1
Habourfront Walk
Singapore 098585
Lift Lobby E or F
http://www.queenandmangosteen.com/

Good view of Sentosa and a very cosy European-ish feel.
I chose this place for his birthday.

Calling themselves the 'Gourmet British Pub', we were excited about the Gourmet that they'd be dishing out,
and of course, the Beers.


Pimm's and Lemonade

A cocktail mixed with lemonade, mint, cucumber (ya, the veg cucumber!), orange and strawberry.
The glass was mixed with so many fruity cubes and greens.
Wen said it looked as if they were ‘leftovers’ and somebody merely dumped them all in!
I thought they looked unique and the taste was indeed refreshing as promised on the menu!

They have a wide selection of Beers and cocktails, you wont be disappointed.
Wen had the Irish Ale, I found it bitter.
Then again, all beers taste bitter to me.

We decided to order some starters as we admire the view of Sentosa and the cable cars while the Sun began to set. I heard great raves about the hot wings but thought that was common.
We were delighted with our choice.

Lamb kofta meatballs with warm pita bread

The stew was so good that we cleaned up the entire bowl without any stain left!

Then came the main course.

Mini kobe beef burgers with chips and fresh Greens

I love the presentation of this dish!
Soft bread on juicy and thick beef patties...
They might look mini, but after just 2 burgers, I was already very full!

Pan Seared Fillet of Snapper served with risotto, fine beans, and chili crab sauce

Healthy choice, this fillet was smooth. I was surprised to see chili crab sauce in the menu and was even so when it tasted just as how we locals knew it to be. Risotto is a class of Italian dishes of rice cooked in broth to a creamy consistency. I didn't quite like this as it felt a bit too heavy. I would have preferred rosti*. Rösti is a Swiss dish consisting mainly of potatoes.

We took time to enjoy our drinks and got lured into the dreamy candle lights.
A perfect ending to our night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.