Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unfinished Business

I am currently reading Unfinished Business by Lee Kravitz.
Just the title itself is enough to set my emotional thoughts at work.
(Extracted from the Web)
There are so many things we got to do.
We need to grow, we need to engage, we need to rest.
Every day of our lives, time is ticking away.

We find ourselves growing older, wiser and yet, some of us still behave and do things as if nothing has changed. Babies know when they need to learn to flip, when they need to start bending their knees to crawl, and when they’re able to lift themselves up and start to walk. There is a smooth progression path that babies know instinctively.
But why, do adults stop knowing what they need to do or progress towards?
Adults can stay in a same job for years and do the same thing for years, everyday leading their lives as if their sole purpose in life is to keep doing what they know best.
They do not know what else they can do with their lives.
I got tired.
~
Every phase in our lives, we meet new people.
People come and go.
Some stay for long as lifelong partners, some stay for a short while and left, some are mere acquaintances and there are those who leave a significant mark in our lives.


I’ve made several incredible friends along the way.
We’ve experienced fun and laughter, shared life chapters, embarked on adventures, my life would never have been this colourful if not for them.

Thank You.
Some may be somehow neglected along the way as we moved on and focus on other priorities in our daily business, but they are never forgotten.

Reminiscing those memories at times made me smile.
Everything in one's life - every person and experience - is part of everything else. - Lee
~
Every time we feel tired, we feel like giving up.
We sleep. We stop. We retire.
But, just what do we do after that?
Hopefully we can think of something better to do, that is.

I received an interesting email article on retirement which questioned the fundamental paradox of man.
We do not know what we want to do after we stop doing what we’re tired of.
Most would answer that they would want to travel around the world when they retire. However, that would take 3 months, or perhaps a year (like Wen!). And, what’s after that? Idle…?
Not enough time, too much energy.
Not enough energy, too much time!
Retirement plan is important (not selling any policies here!) and the article suggests planning for this at a very young age. I think it’s a good idea. Whether we drop dead tomorrow or not, it doesn’t matter. Planning sets your mind with a goal, and something positive gives you something to look forward to.

I am planning.
~
The best portion of a good man's life: the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness & of love – Lee

2 comments:

  1. So chim. But ei enderstand

    ReplyDelete
  2. So watt's yr plan? A follow up on this entry anitime soon?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.