Friday, September 10, 2010

Sakura International Buffet

Sakura International Buffet
10 Penang Road

12pm-2.30pm

Dhoby Ghaut Green... Just where is this place?
I found Sakura as a treat for a lunch buffet with my parents (the restaurant offers senior citizen rate for those above 55). The address on the web was puzzling to me and I couldn't find it on Google map. I found that it was close to Park Mall, but hmm...
We drove down to this place and got directions from nearby shops, and there it is. Right in the middle between Plaza Singapura and Park Mall.
An unique architecture, the central space holds an amphitheatre which is hard to miss. It serves as a showpiece to create and encourage public awareness to Art, Culture and Performances.

And part of this place is where Sakura is situated.


Picture from mnd.gov.sg

With all the greenery and being away from the shopping malls surrounding it, this place is appealing to those who like the distance.

Before you are ushered to your seat, payment has to be made at the entrance. We saw many senior people who were just as early as we came (12pm) and knew this place must have some sort of Senior privilege. And it did. $26+/ adult. Senior Citizen were priced at $20+. Pretty good.


I went straight to the food stations for some good pictures and was surprised when the waiter told me no photo-taking was allowed. Strange, why so? Their sushi looked just like sushi, hot station had the usual hot dishes, desserts had fruits we already knew. Anyway, too late. I took quite a few pictures already. Hee... I must commend Sakura, their food variety is exhaustive. Just looking at the stations and all the food made me salivate, literally...

Teppanyaki Station

Sushi and Salad Station

Hot Items Station

Desserts Station

Chocolates!!

These little round balls are actually white chocolates! Interesting!

Surprisingly, photos taken from the table were ok with them.

So I went ahead to take a few. Very nice lobster salad, lots and lots of sushi, tempura, Sakura did fare well with its Japanese dishes. The hot station served the usual international fare, including pizzas and dim sums. Besides that, the steaks station served well marinated beef, lamb chops, shishamos, dory fillets, chicken chops, and more. The drinks station offered many types of drinks - ice milo, grape juice, lemon juice, coffee, tea, etc. Children loved this station. And of course, the dessert station. Ice creams, chocolates, jellies, fruits, cakes, mochi...

You will definitely feel full after visiting this place.

Soup and Salad

Part of the Japanese eating culture, ya, people eat such things whole!

I couldn't... But I heard it tasted good.


Baked Oyster

Fresh Salmon

Crabs - Although they were small, but they were tasty

Some of our desserts...

For the price that I paid per pax, this place was worth the try, if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.