Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mariners' Corner Restaurant

Mariners' Corner Restaurant & Steakhouse Singapore Mariners Club
120 Cantonment Road #01-02 Maritime House, Singapore


If you're bored with the common names of Jack's Place and Auston's, but would like a place for a decent plate of steak, do head down to this well-found treasure for a decent plate of steak and immerse in its private and nostalgic ambiance.

Situated at the Singapore Mariners Club, our drivers were happy that parking is free for restaurant's guests.
Wooden finishing, Sailor figurines, ships and rudder... I like the decorations here.
Another similar restaurant with such a theme that I've been to is The Ship at Shaw Center.
Food is much better here.



For a start, pay S$4.80 to get a set meal for your main course - this includes:
free flow of salad bar
, garlic bread, soup of the day, coffee/tea & dessert.
The salad bar was good and vegetables were fresh. I like the potato salad.

(Sorry that the food was half finished before I could snap a photo!)
The soup serving was full and garlic bread was bigger than the usual ones you see at Jack's Place. We were almost full after all these...

We ordered their so-called Buffalo Wings but we were not too impressed.
No spicy sauce coating, they tasted like ordinary fried chicken wings. Nothing special with the chili sauce served with it either. But it wasn't too bad.

For the main course, they had beef, venison, sausages, salmon, and lobster.
Whichever you choose, the servings are all huge - and most of them cost below S$20!
Meat was tender and the side dishes were good. Instead of serving your baked potato with bacon crumbs, they used garlic instead. Healthier with the same crunchy feel, good.


After the heavy course, we were served coffee/tea and dessert (the carrot cake (western style) served looked normal but tasted very good)as we chatted and continued taking pictures at the restaurant.
Homey place, inexpensive prices, good food.
Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.