Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

What a day to celebrate a year older.

Morning was greeted with a sudden discovery and unsettling minds.

Wasn’t in the mood to work, wasn’t in the mood to celebrate either.
But everything changed that evening.

He surprised me with a new haircut!

Having had many haircuts before, the one he had was boring.

The new haircut caught me by surprise; he had rushed in between his work and sending me to work in the morning, meeting me for lunch and then picking me up the evening to get that done.

Nice.

He said he had a gift for me, and presented me with this!


I knoooow I said that the shape of a heart was interesting and that it was nice to see a vehicle with this sticker before, but still…
Anyway, this made me laughed for the first time today.

He whipped out this from his hand as we got out the car.
The three words it was supposed to mean, 3 was more than enough to warm my heart.
Whatsmore, they are purple.
He surprised me with a place I had always wanted to visit
~ INDOCHINE Clarke Quay ~
Not a pub or clubbing person, I thought this place is some sort of a pub (pub/club, I don’t know the difference.)

I didn’t know they served proper dinner, a lavish one even.

The elaborate table setting, terracotta soldiers on display, classic ancient music surrounded the place, we were treated and felt just like the ancient Emperor and Empress.


And then the food came.





I like the place very much. We could chat undisturbed and food was good.

Dinner at 8, we were famished.

Rice was unlimited and the dishes were served for more than 2 pax.
We took a stroll outside at the balcony and the view was just as good and relaxing.


The last surprise came, complete with a song from him and the crew.


The feeling was good.

We then took a stroll along Clarke Quay and dropped by TCC for a dose of coffee and berry smoothie, a perfect ending to that night.

He made it memorable in the best way he could which I never have thought today would turn out to be.
Nothing beats what he did.

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.