Saturday, November 7, 2009

TCC, The Coffee Connoisseur

A State of the Art Coffee Experience
I love this place for the very pretty coffee selections and the artistic servings and environment.

TCC - The Coffee Connoisseur
182 Orchard Road, Peranakan Place Complex
Sun - Thu & Public Holidays 9am - 12.30am
Fri, Sat & Eve of Public Holidays 9am - 2.30am
http://www.thecoffeeconnoisseur.com/

Just got out from Kinokuniya at Taka, I was hoping to find a place to read my book and sip a cup of good coffee, but it proved impossible with sales going on everywhere and coffee places were noisy and had queues that I certainly didn't see any point in joining. I decided to try my luck by walking down the busy streets of Orchard towards Dhoby Ghaut, and thankfully, I found my spot. Perhaps people were eyeing at the Centrepoint shopping sale or crossing the busy junction to Orchard Central, this coffee place was rather empty and just the way I liked it to be. Soft music, bright lightings, comfortable & cushy seats, and a bonus - great tea time treats.

Azuki Coffee
I like Azuki beans and was wondering what it would taste like with coffee.
This drink was refreshing and enjoyable. The coffee did not succumb to the azuki mixture, which sat nicely at the bottom of the glass. It was like having a dessert at the bottom after finishing the coffee. Sweet!

Shrooms Bite
Mushroom and corn fillings in this light pastry puff. I can easily finish all 6 at one go!
Very very nice & healthy!

ChocoNana Parfait
It stated on their menu that this dessert is good for de-stressing and hence I ordered, even though it looked a bit too heavy!
Here's what's in there (top to bottom layers):
Pastry stick, 2 chocolate biscuits, plenty of sliced bananas, a single scoop of chocolate ice cream, a layer of chocolate parfait (cream like mixture), biscuits crumbs, chocolate fudge with a tinch of ginger flavour.

Overall a very delightful experience in this TCC where I get to enjoy good food and I can bury myself in my book for hours without much disturbance from the outside bustling crowd.

Add ons from 25 Aug 2011:
TCC @ 51 Circular Road
Wen & I visited TCC at Circular Road and ordered this Chocolate Lava cake while lazing on the bean bags. I really liked the fact that TCC cakes are not too sweet. This was another recommended item, that crispy thing on the top added sweetness to the warm dark chocolate liquid and vanilla ice cream.
Very satisfying!
Very happy to hear that there are new items added to the TCC awesome menu!
Can't wait to try more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.