Saturday, October 31, 2009

Macaroons! - Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie

Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie
Shaw Centre, next to Macs
http://www.canele.com.sg

A rough day at work ended on a pleasant note after a visit to this place.
It was pouring and it was late (wee late).
But that did not stop me from taking an extra glance at the pretty packaging boxes outside this chocolate cafe, and not long to decide to indulge into a sinful late night supper.

The counter has displays of their popular yummy macaroons, choices that would leave you standing there and contemplating if you should just pick one of each!
Keeping calories at watch, we chose 4 flavours of the macaroons:
Passionfruit, Hazelnut, Lemon and Caramel
They look really pretty!


The slices of cakes on display were just to tempting that we had to try one:
- La Royale
Rich dark chocolatey goodness and and hazelnut feuilletine* added crunch to this awesome piece!
Besides this, they have Fondant Chocolate (think oozing lava!) and classic cheesecakes that are very popular as well.

*feuilletine (fo-yer-teen, from the french word 'feuille', meaning 'leaves')
- a praline textured with small pieces of crispy, oven baked pancakes.


I think it is going to be my favourite teatime/ chillout spot, comfortable settings & great desserts.
More cakes and macaroons to try and not forgetting, chocolates!
Would love to try their breakfast too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.