Sunday, October 4, 2009

A World for Kids & Me ~ The Singapore Zoo

  • Nobody calls it the Children's World anymore. It is now known as Rainforest Kidzworld.
  • Take the boat ride along Upper Seletar Reservoir. Serene.
  • Still missing Ah Meng? Move on, Charlie is the new Star ape you will be happy to meet.
  • Know what's a falabella? It is my new found love.
This place brings out the youth in me, relieves the workload off my shoulder, finds me new friends who are unpretentious and lovable, and most importantly, keeps me happy. Here are some of my favourite friends.

Cutesy bunnies & guinea pigs
They eat carrots faster than i take them out of the bag!




A nocturnal omnivores, hedgehogs' spikes are prickly but not poisonous.
And watch what they do when they feel frightened or threatened! They curl up and look just like mini durians!


Falabellas are miniature horses.
No, it's not a pony, it is much smaller, with a maximum height of less than 1 metre.

They are normally used as guides rather than carriers.



Bollin ~ His fuzzy mane never fails to make me laugh! Well, my frustration sometimes sets in too when brushing the untameable bunch - serious need of conditioner, my love!

Often taking children on rides, these lovable ponies love attention and get really excited when food comes their way or when you need poses for your shots!

Candy --------------------------------------------------------------- Buddy

His name is King ~ or you can call him Mr. Cool

Australian Outback
Watch the kangaroos hop in front of you, behind you, or simply beside you. These Eastern grey kangaroos were donated by the Australian Zoo by the late Steve Irwin who also spearheaded the creation of this attraction at the Zoo.

Emus are the largest bird native to Australia.
They dont do much, just sitting prettily everytime I was there. Don't try to touch them though, they are shy creatures and best to be left alone.



For some reasons, I love watching the Malayan Tapirs and would make a stop at this exhibit each time I visit the Zoo. I am attracted to their extended nose. And I like the way they walk. When they badly need a swim during a hot day, you'll see them walking Humpty-Dumptily down into the pool of water. Yes, they swim and can hold their breath pretty well under water!


So, when was the last time you've visited the Singapore Zoo?

80 Mandai Road S(729826)

Opening Hours: 8.30am to 6pm daily

Adult: S$18; Child (3 to 12 yrs old): S$9

http://www.zoo.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.