Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SuperTree Dining @ Gardens By The Bay

SuperTree Dining - IndoChine
Gardens By The Bay @ SuperTree Grove
For Reservation: 6694 8489

Just by looking at the architecture itself, I was awed by the fact that I will be dining up there.
Thanks to Wen for making the arrangement for my birthday celebration.
A palate of delectable western and eastern cuisine, IndoChine proved to be the perfect host to be on top of the tallest Supertree.
 
 After being greeted by a staff at the lobby, we were ushered into the 'tree' where we took the lift up to the Restaurant. A beautiful, unobstructed, panoramic view, cosy candlelight setting and cushy chairs, this place looked really romantic as evening falls.
The fault I could find was that the tables are a little too close, at least for me who was almost 8 months pregnant then. Walking space was a little limited. Also, washrooms didn't seem quite accessible. I'm not sure where they are, but I used the big handicap toilet which was situated just around the corner beside the bar. Quite awkward to go to when there are people dining just outside this toilet. Luckily we were not seated there.
 We headed straight for the food as we were famished.
I highly recommend this tapas dish! It is very meaty yet refreshing.
Love the mayo and ebikko toppings!
Crispy Lychee with Kurobuta Pork Loin & Bacon
Our main course came and I had the lamb, while Wen had the beef.
My lamb came raw and I had to send it back to have it well-done. The waiter explained that it was meant to be that way but I didn't buy it. It was very raw, almost like a piece of raw meat placed in front of me, only a thin grill and sauce covering the surface.
Despite the unfortunate episode, it actually tasted very good with the sauce. Not overly done either. Wen's beef dish was good too, except that I found it a bit salty.

Lemongrass rack of Lamb & mashed sweet potato with truffle oil

Black Pepper Beef with Garlic & Butter
And time for desserts!
 
This dish came warm at our table and we quickly dug into the caramelised sugar and top it with the ice cream. It was vvvv good!
The Crème Brulee has a tinch of bitter coffee taste to it, and I like it. :)
Vietnamese Coffee Crème Brulee, Vanilla Ice Cream
After our dinner, we ventured a level up to the rooftop bar. You are also allowed to bring your drinks up to chill if you like. Wen brought his cup of beer up. It was super relaxing to watch the landscapes and to enjoy the breeze that came that night.
What a great way to end the dinner!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.