Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sydney - A crazy week@work, not surprisingly...

@Work - Sydney
Everyday is full of events in my Company.
Some say it's a good thing, but sometimes, it may not be as good when you are in it.

Few week ago, I was given the 'opportunity' to travel, and I took the chance as there were turmoils and uncertainties, and I got to get responses out of these. And there I was for a week - Sydney.
It was winter down-under and I was told that it was the coldest, at 5-10 degrees every day.
Being here for work meant spending time only in the City, nothing much to visit, except a stroll down the harbour bridge and a visit to Luna Park, and of course, a glimpse of the Opera House. The night lights were not as nice as what I've seen, but it was very relaxing watching it. People were spending their time in restaurants and bars chatting away or enjoying a glass of wine. Apartments facing the harbour racked up a whooping A$2-3millions!

We stayed at the wonderful North Sydney Harbourview Hotel, it had a magnificent view of the Harbour! The only thing I could lament is that, it is built just above a train track! So.... despite the slight tremors (if you are staying on the lower floors) and the occasional train noise (even on the highest 14th floor), no other hotels closeby could beat this. It was a worthy choice. No wonder colleagues who had been here before me always choose to stay here.



I was treated during lunch to sumptuous dim sums (crispy roasted pork) and open melts sandwiches which were very good!!
We had dinners at a nearby Italian place near our hotel as it was too cold to walk anywhere else on the first night, and Vietnamese soupy rice noodles at Chinatown when we had more time the last night.
We also took a stroll @night to Luna Park (a 1930's restored amusement park) and the Sydney Harbour.
Pity it was too dark to shoot the Sydney Opera House, but you can somewhat see....
The view was beautiful, but not the best I've seen.



Returning home at Sydney airport, I was so happy to find Victoria Secrets! Much much better than the store you see at Resort World. Bought a few favourites and that added to my buys for this trip: Manuka Honey, Roasted honey macadamia nuts, Kettle's Roasted Lamb & Mint chips and Reese's!
A day rest from Singapore and I'm off again to Guangzhou and Mongolia.
It would be interesting in Mongolia, I hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.