Sunday, September 6, 2009

Square@ Furama Riverfront


Furama Riverfront, Singapore
405 Havelock Road, Singapore 169633
Tel: (65) 6333 8898
http://www.furama.com/riverfront/

Not to be confused with Furama City Centre in Chinatown, this Havelock presence introduces an international buffet that has won Singapore Top Restaurants Wine & Dine for years.
The entrance intrigues your taste buds with their attractive dessert bar!




Here are some of the dishes picked
- The salmon was sooo good, and as you can see, it's really popular!








The main attraction of this place, though, comes with this ice-cream stick...
Unfortunately, each person is only allowed 1 serving of this dish and thus given out 1 stick each.


It is this... 'Live' Drunken Prawns!


Before getting "drunk", watch them jump!
Click PLAY!


The prawns were hauled from the tank and threw into a pot of boiling broth. Capped for a few mins, the chef poured a few tablespoon of Shaoxing wine (traditional Chinese fermented wines from rice) and added the boiled prawns and broth into the bowl to serve.


It was really good and bro & i were lucky that we had 2 non-prawn eaters with us and we got 2 servings each instead of 1! *wink*


& More Prawns!


Before getting too stuffed, I got to this inviting station and made some interesting finds.


This plate consists of Wild Strawberry Mousse, Citrus Chocolate Bavarois* & Semolina^ Almond Cake
*French word for Bavarian cream - thickened gelatin flavoured with liqueur.
^ purified middlings of hard wheat, usually coarse


My favourite Tau Suan (Split Green Beans/ Mung Beans soup)
- The fried dough sticks were alright and it wasn't too sweet.
However, I thought the beans were a bit hard. Pity.


One of my favourite dessert - The Blueberry Galette
Galette - a general term used in French to designate various types of flat, round or freeform crusty cakes
It had a rich, crispy and buttery tart with a center chiffon cake and a blueberry top.
Nice!


Enjoy a cup of Boncafé espresso coffee before you leave the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.