Monday, June 14, 2010

Stair Climbing to Good Health!

All you need:
Locate a Point Block - 24 storeys and above.
Comfortable T-shirt and shorts
Any kind of footwear will do, even slippers.
A buddy if you like to chat or to listen to your grouses when it gets tougher along the way
Your pair of legs
Optional: Umbrella (rain or shine) - it helps... in my view.

Start climbing the stairs and enjoy the view when you reach the top.
Take the lift down* and start climbing again.
Making 2 trips could have gotten you almost 500 steps!
It took us approx. 5-6 mins for every complete climb.
* Walking down the stairs could strain your knee joints.

Caution:
Noisy barking dogs living on the higher floors who hate strangers, since hardly anybody would be using the stairs at those levels. We encountered that. Cute little ones can be very fierce.
And stop the climb if you get really breathless. In any case, take your time.
Fastest and most convenient way to get an excellent aerobic workout!
And best of all, it is absolutely FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.