Sunday, December 13, 2009

Trip to the Zoo with Canon DSLR - 5 Dec 09

Before embarking on our photo-taking journey at the Zoo, we visited Ah Meng Kopi place at the entrance of the Zoo, my usual breakfast place whenever I visit the Zoo.
Nice cheap kopi (coffee), kaya toast and of course, the peanut toast... with jam!




Primates somehow caught our lens more than anything else that day
They were active and agile, just the kind of test we need for our DSLR.

The Tamarins
A nice warm greeting to visitors at the entrance are these cute Tamarins.
They were usually hiding in their tiny hut whenever I was there, they were pretty playful today.



The Endangered Proboscis Monkey
Dont laugh at its bloated tummy, it is a distinctive feature which help in digesting leaves, fruits and seeds. The digestive process releases a lot of gas, hence resulting in the bloatedness. Apart from that, it is hard not to notice the large protruding nose of the males, believed to be a result of sexual selection, i.e. the larger the nose, the more attractive he is to the female.
See how he sits and sleeps! Like an Ah Pek!

The Hamadryas Baboons
Fierce looking leader came towards us when he saw us visitors peering at his harem.



The Colobus Monkey
I like the tail of this species, just like a calligraphy brush!



Capuchin Monkey
Another playful species, having a fun time grooming one another.



Mandrills

Sadly, I can't recall the name of this species! To be updated...!
See how cool he looked, and wise.

Babirusa
Not to be mistaken as having 4 horns, the adult males have elongated canine teeth that curve and protrude out from both sides.
He looked as if he was smirking at us. Wonder what that was for.

Haven really seen the actual paw of a tiger, other than their tracks, cute!

Walking through Australian Outback, we spotted this active Kangaroo, hungry and thirsty.


Giant Tortoise
Not sure how old these tortoises are, but after taking several shots and this tortoise had just moved an inch to reach a piece of food, I believe he must be VERY old.

Cute Otters

More pics of my favourite Malayan Tapir


Close to being a horse, these Zebras are half my favourite.

Visit to the Zoo would never be complete without visiting my station - the Kidzworld.
The noisy pygmy goat

And the cute guinea pig!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Yes, I love animals. Never owned a pet, dare not own one. I love food; the ambience, scent and company are what satisfy me. I thread across the globe in my dreams, making them come true is what I seek. My motto: To indulge in the finest things in life ~ Nature, Animals, Me.